Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome to my haphazard blog: a ongoing log of my experience, or rather INexperience, raising my pygmy puppy, Jacques. Now, I've had three lovely dogs prior to this adoption so i'm not completely lost (a golden, a mutt, and, currently, my 15-yr-old schnauzer) - this is just my first time flying solo in raising a puppy )and make no mistake, that makes all the difference). Its been a week and a half since i brought Little J home. To be honest, it feels like a month and a half. Prior to bringing him home, i read four books, scanned infinite online articles, interviewed friends, scrutinized numerous canine blogs, subscribed to dog magazines, watched marathons of the Dog Whisperer, and i still catch myself staring at my dog with my mouth open daily. We've already run into numerous potholes, sending me running to google or calling my vet, never really landing on a definite answer. There's an pervasive inkling in the back of my thoughts that grumbles every few hours or so 'you're screwing your child up.' So to anyone who is familiar with this experience, this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment