Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's my understanding that a lot of cavalier owners enjoy dressing their pet up, and let it be heard that there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Its just that I personally do not. I like to retain that dogs are, well.,.DOGS. Nevertheless, it's getting cold outside and my partially-nude 9-wk-old is going to need some method of warmth for going outside. After scouring racks at Target, PetSmart, Old Navy, and Diva Dog (I was out of ideas), I finally caved and got him a green/blue argyle sweater for lack of a better alternative.

This is a temporary stand-in for a more long-term solution. Its just that he's such a tiny tot and I don't want to drop any serious cash until he's fully grown. When it comes to looking for outerwear without your dog looking like something Paris Hilton's bejewled chihauhua threw up, I think the key is just digging - digging through all the frilly excess to find something functional, while not completely devoid of style... As owners we'll always have an agenda with what we give/put on our dog. That's another reason why I started this blog - to share some of the products I've found that are efficient, aesthetically-pleasing alternatives to the more convenient/cheap/distasteful creations.


Here's what I'm looking at for when he's fully grown:

London - $42.50 : Zoe & Co

Seattle - $36.95 : Zoe & Co

Reversible Puffer Jacket

Ruff Wear Climate Changer Coat


Modern Dog Magazine also had some great picks (minus the denim jacket..)


I'm open to ideas if anyone has any other stylish solutions to the winter tundra! I'd appreciate any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment